I possess 2 years of UX research experience, conducting high-level user interviews for the purposes of design and market research, and usability testing aimed at driving design decisions in fast-paced organizations.
I design consumer-facing solutions in tandem with solutions for internal teams to drive overall efficiency of the business. This includes a clear understanding of business goals and objectives, alongside technical capabilities of back-end and front-end engineering efforts, to ultimately design a user-centric solution to achieve desired business outcomes and utmost usability for the user.
Continue scrolling or read in-depth about my user research and design process as a Product Designer at Chope.
Chope, Product Designer (e-Commerce)
January 2018 - Present
- Devised and conducted multiple user testing sessions to validate UI design decisions
- Execute and pitch designs to internal stakeholders based on understanding of business goals and objectives, in conjunction with usability testing results using both low and high fidelity prototypes
- Interaction and hi-fidelity UI design for Diners to browse, shop and purchase restaurant vouchers
- Design of back-end information architecture allowing internal team members to seamlessly update front-end product information, closely adhering to desired business goals and outcomes
- Close collaboration with remote engineers to ensure that communication of UI specifications is as seamless as possible
- Strive toward a balance between usability and security of our backend systems, alongside other best practices imperative for online payments
Chope, Product Designer (Reservations)
February 2017 - January 2018
- Devised, coordinated and conducted 30 user interviews to guide and inform the beginnings of the design process for the brand new Chope app
- Handled recruitment of users via Chope's existing user base and personal network
- Conducted multiple user testing sessions to test out various UI designs with users outside of Chope, resolving uncertainties with Product Managers to drive decisioning
- Led the interaction and hi-fidelity UI design of the brand new Chope app for iOS, Android, desktop and mobile web platforms
- Achieved buy-in from higher management to invest in Marvel, cutting down on time needed on UI specs preparation
- Served as interim Product Manager for 4 months, pushing key decisions balancing UX and development priorities
- Communicated UI and logic specifications with remote development team in Beijing
- Initiated and conducted usability testing and qualitative interviews with users to test hypotheses, while serving as valuable market research insights for Product and Marketing team members
Airfrov, Pro-bono UX Research & UI Design
Pro-bono work for local startup Airfrov in the last 3 weeks of General Assembly’s User Experience Design Immersive program
Conducted user interviews and market research with 15 end users.
Designed and facilitated a Customer Journey Mapping workshop
UX and UI design for “Sprees” feature, implemented in Q3 2017
User Interface Design
UI for CHOPE APP RE-DESIGN (version 4.0.0)
Interactive prototype showcasing the re-design of the Chope app, fully launched to all users in early 2018
UI for "Chope Shop"
Interactive prototype showcasing the section within the Chope app devoted to a native experience of buying restaurant vouchers, fully launched to all users in May 2018
Sketch & Design Meetup
As my bit for the design community here, I organise the official Sketch & Design Meetup here in sunny Singapore. With support from Bohemian Coding, I bring Designer and Engineers together to help foster better working relationships and understanding of each other's role in product development.
General Assembly, Singapore
User Experience Design Immersive
August - November 2016
Nanyang Technological University
Bachelor of Fine Arts (Photography & Digital Imaging)
August 2009 - November 2013
Diploma in Multimedia Technology
July 2003 - March 2006
+65 9825 0989